Sunday, August 29, 2010

Busy Summer!!!!

I know, I know, it's been a long, long time since I have posted anything. I am not going to give any excuses for my lack of posts, but I will say this: I have been having a blast with my family and friends and have therefore lacked the time to blog. But now that fall is approaching and I believe things are slowing down I will try to get back on track...

Recent happenings in our lives:

Gabriel
1) 2 new teeth
2) crawling
3) pulling himself up on anything and everything
4) sleeping through the night in his own room (yay!)
5) eating everything he can get his hands on (including the rock that I found in his mouth today...)and therefore
6) growing by leaps & bounds (he is wearing the same clothing that Isaiah wore last summer--when he was 1!)
7) went to Pennsylvania for the first time with mama & grandma--did awesome on his first airplane ride!


Isaiah
1) talking up a storm--my favorite things that he says: "sure" "no nap, ok?" "whatever" (I totally know I shouldn't let him say this but it is sooo funny & cute!) "mama lay down?" and I am sure there are many more things that I love but can't remember right now!
2) riding his bike (tricycle) around the neighborhood
3) playing his guitar with daddy
4) dancing around the living room to Spearhead
5) swimming at the lake (with his life jacket of course!)
6) fishing with daddy
7) playing with his "cousins" & friends
8) "going" on his big boy potty (not consistently, but it's a start)


Teresa
1) having a blast with my Friday morning coffee group (you know who you are ladies! :))
2) completing the WunderWoman Triathlon on August 15--I finished in 1 hr 23 mins (7 minutes faster than my goal) (This also took up a lot of my summer in training...)
3) went to Pennsylvania with Gabe & my mom for my cousins wedding
4) Spearhead concert at the Festival at Sandpoint with my honey

Nick
1) playing disc golf
2) fishing
3) taking care of Gabe & Isaiah while mama was training
4) working so that we can do all of these fun things on the weekends (Thank you honey!)
5) Spearhead concert with me

And of course, as a family we have been doing tons of fun things--sailing, biking, playing outside, going to the beach, going to the park, camping, BBQs with the Young Adult group at church, and much, much more! It is sad that summer is coming to an end, but I am almost relieved that things will start slowing down a bit...

Here are some high lights from July & August:

3 comments:

  1. Well I can't see the pics :( but you sound extremely buuuuuusy. Phew!
    Sounds like a great summer. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Ada?! What a waste of time! I wonder why you can't see the pics...Oh well. Thanks for letting me know! I bet you have seen most of the pics anyway on Facebook...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love the slideshow...awesome. So I did see the picts!haha!

    ReplyDelete