Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Boise







Home is so nice! :) Isaiah, Gabe and I went to Boise over last weekend with my parents to visit my sister Lena and her family. The boys did wonderful during the 8 hour drive down there! Gabe slept most of the time and Isaiah watched movies or read his books. I wish I could say that I did wonderful too but being stuck inbetween 2 carseats is not the most comfortable ride! We stopped at Zims Hotsprings--it's in the middle of Idaho--for a break and it was awesome! They even had a basketball hoop set up at the side of the pool--of course Isaiah loved it! On Saturday Isaiah, Gabe, Bri, Grandma, and I all headed to the Kids Fair at the Expo building to meet my dear friend Erin and her husband and son. It was a zoo! So many people! There was a petting zoo and it turns out Isaiah is not a big fan of any animals except big dogs and cats! He wouldn't even go near the bunnies! After the fair we went to Erin's new house to have lunch and visit. It was so wonderful to see her and spend time with her son Gavin (who is the same age as Isaiah). The rest of the day on Saturday was spent with the Barbot family at home. Sunday we went to church and then spent the rest of the day playing outside--it was a beautiful day! After celebrating Ben's birthday in the evening, Lena, Ben, my dad, Gabe and I went to see Avatar in 3D. It was incredible! Even Gabe watched most of the movie. We headed home on Monday morning and the boys did great again for the 8 hour ride. It was a wonderful weekend but very little sleep was had by Isaiah and I (on Sunday night I ended up with both boys in bed with me!) so I am really happy to be home and slept so well last night in my own bed! And of course, we missed Nick like crazy so we are all happy to be home! :)






2 comments:

  1. what a big trip solo! brave mama! must have been so nice to see your sister and introduce gabe!! xoxo from up here in snotty nose and barking cough land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you had fun in Boise! One of these time you will have to stop in and see me! :) we are planning on coming up to CDA in August maybe we could get together then if things aren't too crazy!

    ReplyDelete